Employment Matters: Foundations of Employment
This is a 12 hr training held over two-days and is open to
ALL NC Employment Stakeholders .
This training is FREE.
NC APSE Employment 1st Academy, will provide an general orientation/overview of employment services offered in North Carolina and will be helpful for staff of all employment services. While more seasoned staff will gain additional knowledge through dialogue and networking, this training will be specifically helpful for “jump-starting” staff newer to employment services.
Attendees will leave with a solid orientation of:
- NC Employment 1st legislation
- Overview of employment service models, and funding
- Person-centered employment services, empowerment, and inclusion of natural supports
- Addressing barriers to employment such as benefits, criminal histories, transportation, co-occurring disorders and identification of tools and resources
- Intentional job development: overview of plan development, job development tools & techniques
- Successful service integration: collaborating with treatment teams, other agencies, and natural supports
- Follow-along planning for ongoing success
- Other tools for success: teamwork, time management, and documentation
This training is made possible through funding from the NC Division of MH/DD/SAS.
Upcoming Training –
April 11 & 18, 2023 9:30a-4:30p daily (Virtual)
June 6 & 13, 2023 9:30a-4:30p daily (Virtual)