NC APSE and APSE
National Strength with State and Local Impact!
NC APSE is a state chapter of the National Association of People Supporting EmploymentFirst (APSE.)*
Founded in 1994, NC APSE provides leadership, training, technical support and advocacy concerning the benefits of hiring employees with disabilities in North Carolina.
*APSE is the largest membership organization dedicated to the growth and expansion of supported and customized employment for persons with significant disabilities. APSE is an organization for Supported Employees, Employers, Family Members, Providers and Advocates. For more information about APSE visit www.APSE.org.
NC APSE Supports Employment First
Employment in the general workforce is the first and preferred outcome in the provision of publicly funded services for all working age citizens with disabilities, regardless of level of disability.
Employment First principles must be based on clear public policies and practices that ensure employment of citizens with disabilities within the general workforce is the priority for public funding and service delivery.
The NC APSE Mission:
Equal Employment for All Through Advocacy, Education and Support.
Are you a Member of NC APSE?
APSE is the only national association focusing solely on advancing integrated employment for individuals with disabilities. We work at both the national and state levels to ensure everyone is afforded the right to work, earn commensurate wages, benefits and opportunities to advance their careers, contribute to society and move out of poverty.
Access our growing library of information, read White Papers and download copies of the Power Point presentations submitted by NC APSE Conference speakers who gave permission for NC APSE to post their presentations.
Membership has its benefits!
- As a member of NC APSE you have automatic affiliation with National ASPE
- Representation on the NC Developmental Disabilities Consortium and The Coalition 2001
- Representation on the NC DVR-CRP Steering Committee
- Monthly E-News
- Discounted Rates to North Carolina and national conferences and trainings
- State Leadership Opportunities
- Ongoing North Carolina Legislative Update Summaries.
- Free online access to the Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation (JVR)
- Job Training & Placement Report (JTPR) and APSE Connections
- 50% off on APSE Webinars
- APSE Quarterly Newsletter, Advancing Employment First
- Discounted rates from APSE Partnerships – APSE members receive discounts on popular web courses, publications, training events offered by DirectCourse, TRN, Inc. and VCU-RRTC.
- Public Policy Alerts
- APSE News & Notes Email
- APSE Members Section of the APSE Website