About NC APSE
NC APSE is a membership organization that is a state chapter of national APSE: The Association for People Supporting EmploymentFirst. Membership is open to everyone who supports increasing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Our members include Employment Support Professionals (job coaches, employment specialists, transition from school to work specialist, and job developers); employment services providers; community rehabilitation programs, care managers, local and state agency representatives, individuals with disabilities and their family members, advocates and guardians.
NC APSE is one of the oldest and most well established state chapters of national APSE. Serving, NC since 1994, NC APSE provides training and technical assistance, advocacy and support to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities who are citizens of NC.
- Promotes the expansion of supported employment and customized employment services in NC;
- Provides training opportunities for supported employment professionals; organizations, employers and individuals receiving supported employment services;
- Educates the state legislature and local policy makers regarding issues that impact supported employment services;
- Advocates for the use of “evidence based practices” in the delivery of supported employment and customized employment services and;
- Collaborates and partners with organizations and individuals who share our mission and values.
When you join national APSE you automatically become a member of our North Carolina state chapter- NC APSE.
We would welcome the opportunity to serve you as a member of NC APSE.
For additional information